Welcome to Desert North Realty Property Management! We look forward to providing you with an enjoyable leasing experience. Our goal is to make every tenant feel like our only tenant! We will help navigate you through the leasing process, be here for you while you are renting and always help you take the next step to owning a home. The following information has some quick tips that will help you throughout your tenancy.
Tenant Application Requirements
A separate rental application is required to be signed and processed for all prospective occupants that are 18 years of age or older. A $45 non-refundable application fee is required for each application at the time of submission.
Equal Opportunity Housing: Desert North Realty, LLC. Does not and will not discriminate against any person based on race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, or national origin. Falsifying any information on the application will result in an immediate denial of any potential property.
- Gross monthly income must be three (3) times the monthly rent. Occupants may combine income to meet the requirement.
- Employment must be current and verifiable for at least one (1) year.
- Other circumstances may be considered as long as the income requirement is met:
- Social Security
- Child Support
- A co-signor and/or higher deposits may be required after review.
- Must have a minimum of one (1) year verifiable rent/residency history.
- No evictions
- No outstanding monies owed to landlord or property management company.
- No more than one (1) NSF in a 12-month period.
- No non-compliance issues that resulted in non-renewal or eviction.
- Appropriate notice to previous landlord.
- We reserve the right to deny any application if, after making a good faith effort, we are unable to verify your rental history.
- 75% of the all applicant’s credit trade lines must positive.
- No credit history will be considered good credit.
- If applicant has less than 75% positive trade lines, a co-signor will be required.
- All public record trade lines (bankruptcies, judgments, etc.) will be considered on a case by case basis. All credit trade lines MUST be positive after the public record was reported.
- No dangerous breeds (Rottweilers, Pit Bulls, Dobermans, etc.)
- Size of pets may be a disqualifier.
- Amount of pets may be a disqualifier.
- No cats
- A pet deposit will be required.
- When applying please provide the following documentation in your application through our online application.
- Proof of Income
- Paystubs and/or bank statements
- If self-employed, 2 years tax returns and P&L
- Verification of previous residency
- Legible copy of a government issued ID
Tenant Move Out Proceedure
As a tenant, it is important that you follow the appropriate move-out procedure to ensure that you receive a full refund of your refundable deposits. If you completed the “Move-in Move Out Condition Checklist” when you moved in, we will use that list when evaluating the home. Follow the list below and you should receive a full refund of your deposits. Personal items and trash must be completely out of the home. In short, make the home look like it did when you moved in. We highly recommend you do these items yourself as it will likely save you money. If you have any questions during the move out phase, please never hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns.
*** This list is to be used as a guideline and does not in anyway ensure a full refund of your deposit.
The home needs to be in a “maid cleaned” condition when you move out. We recommend dusting and cleaning the entire home including but not limited to:
- Window sills and coverings
- Kitchen counters and sink
- Cabinets – inside and out
- Bathrooms including sinks, showers, mirrors, toilets and behind toilets
- Light fixtures
- Ceiling fans
Missing or broken items
- If something broke or went missing during your stay, that is ok! We just ask that you replace the item before you leave. If you need help finding a suitable replacement, please feel free to reach out to our staff and we will be happy to help.
- These should be pulled away from the wall and cleaned underneath and behind.
- They should be cleaned inside and out of the appliances and they need to be free of any grease.
- Change the air filter on your departure. These can be picked up at most stores and are inexpensive.
- Need to be professionally cleaned and deodorized.
- Cleaning company needs to be approved by Desert North Realty
- If touch-up paint is needed, make sure the color matches perfectly. Many times paint can be slightly off and the difference is very noticeable.
- Should be free of any weeds or debris
- Lawns mowed
- Trees and hedges trimmed
Patios, Balconies and Storages
- Need to be swept clean and free of any debris.